Berbix Website Privacy Notice
Last updated: March 2023
Hello! This Privacy Notice describes the privacy practices of Berbix LLC and our corporate subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Berbix,” “we”, “us” or “our”) and how we handle personal information when we meet with you offline and when you visit us online at one of our website (referred to as the “Sites,” which includes this website, our social media and other digital properties. For information about how we collect, use, share, and retain your information when you use our product, please see our Product Privacy Notice.
Berbix may modify this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) at any time. If we make material changes to it, we will provide notice on our website or by other means. You acknowledge that your continued use of our Sites after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Privacy Notice means that the collection, use and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated Privacy Notice, as of its effective date.
Data We Collect
Information collected via our Services and the sources of that information. Berbix may collect or derive the following types of personal information about you when you interact with the Sites. We collect this information from our customers (who might be your employer), from your direct engagement with the Sites, from public sources of information, or from third parties who provide us with data or otherwise assist with our provision or monitoring of the Sites (e.g. vendor or business partners like analytics providers or marketing event sponsors), including:
- Identity data, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Geographic data, such as your city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
- Communications data, based on exchanges with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Sites or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, responses to surveys, registration information for webinars, and details about your engagement with us.
- User-generated data, such as comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Sites, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited.
- Analytics data, including information about your visits to our Sites, which pages you spend time on, which links you click, or how you arrived at our Sites (e.g. did you click a link in a marketing email?)
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G); device behavioral information (how the device and its applications are used); and other data used for fraud detection.
- Geolocation/Location data, when you authorize us to access your device’s location, or when you authorize a business to allow us as their service provider to access your device’s location.
- Data about others, such as when you may refer other contacts to us by sharing their contact information. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
- Other data not specifically listed here that you may provide or that we may derive when you visit the Sites, which we will use as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
- We also collect cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we may use the following technologies to collect information about you in connection with the Sites:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data. This may include data stored on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked; and/or
- Third-Party Tracking Technologies, provided by third party vendors, to document your interactions with Sites, collect, analyze, and use some of the personal and pseudonymized data described in this policy.
With respect to CCCPA data, the above information was collected over the preceding 12 months and was used, shared as outlined below.
How We Use Your Data
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
To Provide the Services, which may include:
- to provide, operate and improve the Sites and our business;
- to enable security features of the Sites, such as by sending you security codes via email, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- to communicate with you about the Sites, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to provide support for the Sites, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
For internal business purposes, such as to analyze and improve the Sites and our device risk insights or to promote our business.
For marketing and advertising to you, which you can opt out of by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the unsubscribe link in your electronic communications.
For compliance and protection purposes, which may include:
- compliance with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- to protect our rights, including by bringing or defending legal claims;
- for auditing of our internal compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- to enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Sites; and
- to prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. This speaks for itself, but if you consent to us using your data in a particular way, we’ll abide by that.
For other uses, as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected..
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following parties and as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice or at the time of collection:
- Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Sites or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so.
- Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
- Business associates or transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Berbix or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information:
- Access or update your information. If you have a business account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account or speaking to your Account Manager.
- Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at Privacy@Berbix.com. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit allaboutdnt.com.
- Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
- State Privacy Rights. To the extent you live in a jurisdiction that grants you the right to know, access, correct, delete, opt-out, or limit the use or disclosure of your personal information, you can exercise those rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
Other Sites and Services
The Site may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications, or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may have employees and use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by updating the date of this Privacy Notice and posting it on the Sites. Any modifications to this Privacy Notice will be effective upon our posting the modified version (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting).
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our mailing address is 2338 Market St Unit 2A, San Francisco CA 94114.
Information for California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights Notice
This section applies only to California residents and describes how we collect, use, and share Personal Information of California residents in our capacity as a “business” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. Your rights, pursuant to CCPA include:
- The right to know the personal information we collect about you and how it is used and shared;
- The right to delete personal information collected from you (with some exceptions);
- The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information;
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights;
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information that we have about you; and
- The right to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information collected about you.
You can exercise your CCPA rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
In order to respond to your request and to ensure we are dealing with a true and honest person, we will need to verify your identity and confirm your California residency. To verify your identity, we may require government identification, a declaration under penalty of perjury or other information. Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf upon our verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000-4465. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, you must provide your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf, provide the information we request to verify your identity, and provide us with confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.